There are several things you can do to help prepare yourself for winter:
· Make sure you are up to date with your repeat prescriptions from your GP in advance of the festive period Bank Holidays.
· Seek advice from your local pharmacist on minor health related issues.
· Make sure you get the flu jab if eligible.
· Keep your medicine cabinet stocked-up with over the counter medicines such as paracetamol.
· Keep yourself warm - heat your home to at least 18 degrees C (or 65F) if you can.
· Wear well-fitting slippers with a good grip indoors and shoes with a good grip outside to prevent trips, slips and falls.
· Only use local ambulance and A&E services in a life threatening emergency.
· For more advice on staying well this winter, visit www.nhs.uk/staywell
It’s not just your doctor’s responsibility to make sure you stay well this winter.
Help Us Help You.
Almost all of us are within a short walk of a pharmacy. As well as getting your prescription, you can just drop in and ask to speak to the pharmacist for advice or treatment.
A pharmacist is a highly trained health professional who can talk to you in confidence about any of your health concerns.
Across the borough, there will be a number of pharmacies open over the festive Bank Holidays. Please check our website to find your nearest open pharmacy and its opening times.
Community Pharmacist Consultation Service
If you require an urgent supply of prescription medicine you can be referred to a community pharmacy via NHS 111, which can deliver a swift, convenient and effective service.